General Overview of Position and Responsibilities
Forward City Church is looking for a creative and passionate individual to join our staff team as a videographer. This person will help communicate the vision and values of Forward City Church through creating compelling videos. Our vision is to introduce real people to a real God and we believe this position has a big part in making that happen.
- Film, edit, and upload video announcements for Sundays
- Develop and communicate vision for all work to solve problems concisely and creatively.
- Create video content for church wide requests.
- (ie: message illustrations, message lead-ins, testimonies, baptism stories, ministry projects, etc)
- Manage the technical aspects of the film, including cameras, sound, lighting, design, etc.
- Handle the post-production process to ensure all work solves problems appropriately.
- Understand the context in which finished work will be used to create more effective final products.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly meetings to determine best avenues for communication of upcoming events
- Attend and contribute where needed on Sunday mornings
- Any other task assigned by the Creative Director
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of 2+ year’s experience in film/video making (directing, editing, etc.)
- Film portfolio available online
- Film degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive understanding of filmmaking process
- Video editing and animation proficiency (Adobe Creative Cloud)
SKILLS WE WANT TO SEE:
- You’re passionate about the Gospel and Jesus. You are passionate and motivated to build the local church. You believe the church is God's plan for bringing hope to the world.
- You’re a creative at heart. You have an understanding of quality design aesthetics and current trends. You can take what people are thinking, and bring it to screens in ways that inspire.
- You’re confident in what you stand for. You are self-motivated. You don’t wait for permission to fix a problem. We are a hard-working staff willing to go to any length for a mission we believe in.
- You know film - what makes a good one and a bad one. You analyze the script, the technique, and the details most don’t notice. And your friends will actually watch the movies you recommend