General Overview of Position and Responsibilities
The church Sound Technician is a part-time position at Forward City Church and is responsible for producing the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement. This includes but is not limited to, creating an excellent music mix, creating an audio mix that the Pastor and/or Worship Leader wants to be conveyed and supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service. The Sound Technician will work positively with the entire creative team to provide worship experiences that glorify God in music while fulfilling the vision and mission of Forward City Church.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The church Sound Technician must attend weekly rehearsals and practices and would be expected to run sound for three worship services each Sunday (9:00AM, 11:00AM and 1:00PM). This individual is required to come to each practice and service prepared and ready to perform with excellence.
- Set Up Stage for/with Musicians
- Perform Proper Line Check
- Perform proper sound check
- Includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings and the EQ.
During Service Tasks:
- Responsible for adjusting sound levels as needed
- Responsible for being alert and following requests from Leaders or Musicians
- Responsible for recording the service and ensuring Broadcast sound is mixed
- Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production
- Must be committed to Christ and have a personal relationship with Jesus and have a heart for worshipping God
- Must be self-motivated, professional and a team player; Be willing to jump in and help with whatever the team is working to accomplish
- Must have the ability to think quickly and react/trouble-shoot properly in high stress situations
- Must have training and skills in running sound and mixing audio
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Previous Employment with a church or ministry’s Worship Team
- Experience in mixing audio successfully in the live environment OR is willing to attend training and work alongside a mentor