General Overview of Position and Responsibilities
The church bass player is a part-time position and is responsible for playing the bass for the various worship services at Forward City Church. The church bassist will work positively with the entire creative team to provide worship experiences that glorify God in music while fulfilling the vision and mission of Forward City Church.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The church bass player must be an individual that can work well with a team of musicians and vocalists. They must attend weekly rehearsals and practices and would be expected to play at three services each Sunday (9:00AM, 11:00AM and 1:00PM). This individual is required to learn music ahead of time and come to each practice and service prepared and ready to perform with excellence.
- Availability to play Bass for any additional events and services
- Play additional instruments and be available to fill-in if needed
- Must be committed to Christ and have a personal relationship with Jesus
- Be willing to jump in and help with whatever the team is working to accomplish
- Must be self-motivated, professional and a team player
- Must have strong morals and strive to be a good representation of Christ and Forward City Church
- Must have training and skills in playing bass
- Must have a heart for worshipping God
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Previous Employment with a church or ministry’s Worship Team
- Music or Some Level of College Education desired, but not required